back to the job list
Jobs shown here are FOR HISTORIC INFO ONLY. The applicaiton deadline is EXPIRED
Offering Institution: Kungliga Teskniska Högskolan Stockholm Job Title: Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Computational Brain Modeling at IBM Research Description: IBM is seeking a post-doctoral researcher to participate in a joint research collaboration between the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and the Stockholm Brain Institute (SBI) in Sweden. This collaboration will involve modeling multiple brain regions and their interactions to provide insights into the emotional system and its effects on behavior and learning. The post-doctoral researcher will analyze, propose, and develop neural systems models at various levels of abstraction. The researcher will also test these models and validate them against experimental data acquired by our research collaborators and data in the literature. The researcher will interface with modelers, experimentalists, and computer scientists. Further, the researcher will develop software for models and neural system simulation environments targeted for high performance computing platforms, especially the Blue Gene/L supercomputer. Finally, the researcher will publish research results. Time will be spent in both Yorktown Heights, NY (IBM), and Stockholm, Sweden (SBI).
Required qualifications and skills
* PhD in neuroscience, engineering, computer science, physics or related discipline
* Strong background in computational neuroscience and neural system modeling, including experience with a broad range of neural modeling techniques such as compartmental modeling, integrate-and-fire neurons, Wilson-Cowan modeling, non-linear system dynamics, etc.
* Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills.
* Strong computer science skills, including experience with C/C++ programming, Linux, distributed and parallel processing, MPI, and MatLab.*
* Strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both Swedish and English.
To be considered for the position, the applicant must apply through the web posting. Here are the directions:
Go to: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/us/fi_search.shtml
Click on search openings
At the bottom of the next page press continue
A new window will open.
At the bottom of that page type B036333 in the search by Job ID field
Click on the job and add it to your cart.
Then apply to all jobs in cart.
Please also forward your resume to Charles Peck at email@example.com.
The application is a four step process and should take about ten to fifteen minutes.
More Information: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/us/fi_search.shtml (The job advertisement is expired. Therefore no contact info is shown)
NOTE: The list of job offers above is an informal synopsis for information purposes only and not legally binding. Please refer to the formal offers of the respective institution.