1st DAISY / FACETS joint workshop at ETH Zürich: Cortical circuitry
Audience: People from DAISY and FACETS project.
Aim of the meeting was to 'break the ice' between the two projects and to have a mutual exchange of ideas among them.
The format has been short talks with discussions (20 min + 10 min) plus "communication breaks" (coffee served).
(FACETS internal meeting info)
|Wednesday, 28 November 2007|
|8:30 - 8:40||Welcome / Opening remarks|
|8:40-9:00||The DAISY project||Henry Kennedy|
|9:00-9:20||The FACETS project||Karlheinz Meier|
|Session "Cortical circuitry"||Chair: Kevan Martin/Zoltan Kisvarday|
- Tom Binzegger: The architecture of a daisy. Solutions from quantitative structural analysis.
- Yves Fregnac: Functional complexity and multiscale analysis in V1: Reading out cortical state dynamics from synaptic echoes
- Amiram Grinvald: The dynamics of a daisy. The view from optical imaging in vivo.
- Zoltan Kisvarday: Versatility of excitatory connections in V1: implications for processing complex visual scenes.
- Henry Kennedy: Inter-areal connectivity in the cerebral cortex. A basic description.
- Guillaume Masson: Dynamics of spatial integration of motion in behaving monkeys: from ocular responses to population activity in V1.
|Session "Candidate models of cortical processing"||Chair: Rodney Douglas / Alain Destexhe|
|14:30 - 16:00|
- Wulfram Gerstner: Single-cell and synapse models in FACETS
- Matthew Cook: Relational processors
- Alain Destexhe: From single-cell to network models of cortical circuits in FACETS
- Philipp Wolfrum: Dynamic link architectures
- Anders Lansner: Network models of V1 in FACETS
- Shimon Ullman: Factor graphs
|19:30 - ...||Common dinner|
|Thursday, 29 November 2007|
|Session "Silicon models of the cerebral cortex: a top-down approach"||Chair: Giacomo Indiveri / Sylvie Renaud|
|8:30-10:00||Talks (15min + 10 min questions):|
- Johannes Partzsch: Multiple wafer neural systems
- Shih-Chii Liu: Communication in hardware neural systems
- Johannes Schemmel: Wafer-scale integration of accelerated neurons
- Toby Delbruck: Sensors for silicon neural systems
- Jean Tomas: Real-time Conductance-based neurons
- Giacomo Indiveri: Synaptic plasticity in silicon
|Discussion Session||Chair: Henry Kennedy|
|13:30 -||Discussion topics will be selected during the workshop|
|Remarks by Andreas Andreou|
|Remarks by Ralph Dum|
|16:00||End of the joint Workshop|
- from DAISY
- Henry Kennedy
- Kevan Martin
- from FACETS
- Sylvie Renaud
- Alain Destexhe
- Zoltan Kisvarday